• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

wrongful termination?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mbLOLO

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? NJ

My husband was injured on the job on Dec 27 2004. He received a letter on Jan 21 2005 stating he was fired effective that day. The letter stated he was fired for making a threat to a co worker during the first week of Jan (not true since he was at home with a bad back and not at work). The letter also states the this manager called to our home twice and spoke to me and that I refused to put my husband on the phone (also not true). This manager was negligent in filing an accident report. It came to light that no accident report was made when we tried to obtain approval for an MRI and physical therapy. We believe the manager may have been reprimanded for this and that the firing was in retaliation. Now we don't know what to do. We have no workman's comp, we will apply for unemployment, but it may be denied, still no MRI or physical therapy. My husband is still in pain and having difficulty moving, the doctor feels he probably has a herniated disc. Even if we seek legal advice, which way to go? Personal injury, workman's comp? Sorry so long....thank you.

BelizeBreeze

Make an initial consultation appointment with an Employment Law attorney. Something doesn't smell right if all the facts are true in your post.

Beth3

I agree with Belize, however I suggest you speak with an attorney who specializes in worker's compensation. While WC falls under the category of employment law, it's a complex and specialized area and in my experience most employment law attorneys don't include that in their practice. You can contact your State Bar Association for referrals to worker's comp attorneys in your area.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">