• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Wrongful Termination?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

tpearson23

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?
Colorado

I was recently terminated from my job after being arrested while at work. My supervisor and have never really gotten along and she knew I had a warrant for my arrest. The warrant was form a traffic violation. The officer that arrested me is her next door neighbor. After I was arrested she told my boyfriend that I was fired and gave him all of my belongings from work and my last check. Is there anything I can do about this? Is this wrong termination?

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
I'll give you a tentative maybe on this one. Off the top of my head I'm not sure whether or not this would qualify as a public policy violation under Colorado law. You might want to run it past a Colorado employment attorney.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">