• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

wrongful termination ?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

cdiazal

What is the name of your state?New York
in brief...i was having problems with Human Resources Personnel...over an absentee issue and the fact that FMLA was not given to me as an option...for almost 8months to a year kept going back and forth with HR with no answers even though they reduced my written warning to a verbal warning however they continued to issue warnings with ever changing day counting even by using a paid vacation day authorized by my area as an unscheduled day off??? I had it with them and on a Monday afternoon, I handed my VP a memo asking for answers to the questions regarding the attendance policy that no one seemed to either know well or wanted to explain...and aslo to answer on certain action taken by HR and the Dept with no recourse ?? I also requested an intervention between the HR personnel and myself since I no longer felt I could report to them as they had made me feel uncomfortable with the way they treated me or my actions.
Needless to say and not surprised as many people warned me to let the issue go or the Bank wil lfind a way to get rid of me.....on the following Wednesday morning I was suspended from work due to an email in my computer database. This email was over 2 years old, indeed it was of an adult content email however it was sent to me by another employee in the Bank and i had no idea that this email was still in my database, also i had forwarded this email outside the Bank at the time as proof that i received this email ...I explained all this to the HR people however they claimed that since i had this email in my database I was leaving them open for liability should an employee come across it...i asked why would an employee be looking in my database? and also i had no idea that everyone can look into another persons email database ????? I was placed on suspension with pay until the matter was investigated and that my PC would also be reviewed etc etc.....I received a phone call couple of weeks later advising me that the investigation came out clean however since i violated the email policy that i would be terminated.
What recourse or options do I have ??? Also , there have been people in the Bank that have not been terminated due to emails and just reprimanded or no action at all ??? can an employer pick and choose a convenient employee that has fingered HR personnel ??? Due to this my impeccable resume and reputation have know been stained, I would have thought as an officer I would be asked to resign, but was terminated over the phone and my personal belongings were fedexed to me.....
It had come to my attention as well that other employees that have violated the bank;s email policy were never terminated.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">