• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

wrongful termination?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

FaerieWolf

What is the name of your state? Indiana
I work in a very well known fast food restaurant and someone on my shift at work threw away some expired food. This food item only lasts 4 hours and had been made the night before and was a breakfast item. No one on the shift would confess to doing it so she gave us the ultimatium of tell me who did this or you all will be fired. It was my last night so I decided that I would take the blame so that the others including my husband, whom couldn't afford to lose his job, would be left alone. My question is, could she really have fired us for throwing out what is essentially trash any way? Are there any actions I can take to assure that they will stop serving expired food? Also, If no one had confessed, would it have been an wrongful termination and would we have had a civil case? I seek this information for future knowledge in case this happens again. I don't think she could have legally done that but I wanted to verify this. Thanks for any help.
Faeriewolf.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Yes, she could have fired everyone.

No, it would not have been a wrongful termination.

No, you would not have had a civil case, or any case at all. It would have gone into the "unfair but not illegal" column.

jener8tor

Have you thought about contacting the Health Dept. regarding them serving "expired" food? It may not help your main concern but someone may at least want investigate that issue.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">