• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Wrongful Termination

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

hd_7

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?Louisiana

I need advice on whether my employer is wrongfully terminating me. I have been working for almost eight months for an overnight crew in a sports store. They have never had any problems with my preformance except for one write up for three missed days that i had in one month. They were family emergencies except that they didn't see it as being immediate family because it was my Aunt and nephew. Now i am pregnant and since i've told them they have started having an attitude with me adn how i do my work. Being that i can no longer lift on the heavy items i usually use to, my boss keeps telling me that my preformance level is unexceptable and saying i need to be faster although my preformance has not changed at all. He has not put it in writing yet he keeps giving me verbal warnings. My other co-workers even said that it looks like they are trying to make me quit but i need my job. Now i called in again on teh 13th because i had fell sick after being in a house with no air condition for two days because it had broke on me and my mom. I went to the doctor and he told me to rest over the weekend. I told him that i am already off on the weekend and he wrote me an excuse for the 13th and 14th. Well being that the 14th would have been my last day before the weekend i went ahead to work because i figured i would rest over my weekend. Well, my boss told me that being i called in the 13th me and one other girl who asked off for a later date needed to come in on one of our days off. I told them that i couldn't because my doctor told me to rest. I said that i would be able to get an excuse if they needed it but they didn't want to hear it and had a bad attitude with me telling me that i am not holding up my weight for the team. I feel really discriminated against knowing that i work hard for these people and they keep ragging me out. Please help because i feel as if they are going to fire me when i return to work over the weekend. Would this be wrongful termination if they use that write up against me and the one day i called in this month as an attendance problem. Thats what i feel they are going to do. I used one of my sick days for the 13th also with the excuse.

Please help,
A working pregnant woman

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">