• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

wrongful termination

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

ladydana

I was hurt in work and fought for a year and a half to get workers comp. when I was out the company had me go to this doctor and put me out on medical leave. they never gave me a copy of the doctors report on why he put me on leave. I did not as to go on leave. I recieved a notice that they expected me back on a certain date and I was to inform my supervisor if I could not come back. I left messages for her and even had my daughter who also worked there speak directly to her asking her to contact me and she never did. I tried to contact the doctor that they had put me on leave so that I could extend my leave and his office stated that they never heard of me. It is their policy "that you will be required to present a "certificate of health care provider" stating that you have been "cleared" to return to work prior to being restored to employment" I at this time couldn't prove or disprove that I was alright. My doctors for my comp case would not let me go back as I could not do my job and their doctor I couldn't get ahold of. Because of this I was terminated from my job in july 2000. In august 2000 I won my comp case and have been recieving comp since october 2000. Although they are paying me workers comp I am still considered as terminated which they shouldn't have been able to do. Can I sue them for wrongful termination as there was no way possible for me to comply with their policy for returning to work? and the fact that I did not ask to go out on medical leave, they put me out on medical leave. I live in pennsylvania. rhank you for your help

crager34

disability

You might want to check with your local Labor Office. It is possible you would have a case of Discrimination based on a disability. It depends on your circumstances.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">