• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

wrongful termination

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

lua123

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?
ny,ny- I was dismissed from verizon communication in 2000. I filed a complaint at the the nyc human rights commission against the corporation for disability discrimination which led to wrongful termination. It took 2 years for nyc commission to get to my case. At first they where heistant to deal with my case because it was so old but after they began to question the organization they realized something was wrong. First the company told the commission I never had employment their then they told the commission that my claim was untrue and that I was dismissed for job abanodonment. I produced medical records and other data to dismiss their claims. Then
Verizon stated they had no records that there records were destroyed in 9/11. I was advised by the commission the case would be settled then almost a year after that Verizon comes up with records. Can you do that advise the commission you have no records then almost a year latter produce destroyed records. Then there was a back in forth between myself and the company. Verizon gave false statements which I was able to prove with paper work. Then was told by the commission that if the case went forward Verizon would have problems explaining all the medical documents especially since they had no medical records not even the medical records from the doctor they sent me to they agreed with my doctor over what my condition was and what should be done to help deal with it. Yet know the commission is telling me I have no case something just is not right here. Tell me what should my next move be.

Beth3

Tell me what should my next move be. To consult with an employment law attorney. Based on what you've written above, I have no idea whether you have a valid claim or not.

BTW, if it only took two years for the HRC to get to your compalint, they've sped up considerably. The one time I had any dealings with them it was on a discrimination complaint an ex-employee had filed ten years previously.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">