• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Wrongful termination??

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

bowserfins

Hey everyone,

My state is Illinois.

I was recently terminated from a warehouse job due to my backround check..... Is this, in itself, legal?

I was hired on December 1st after waiting 3 weeks for an interview..
I provided all information asked in my Job application and provided everything 100% truthful. I worked for approximately three weeks and then one morning during shift I was pulled into the office with my shift manager and told I was being terminated due to my backround check FINALLY coming back.....

I was told I could dispute it, but the company refuses to provide the exact information to me as to what got me terminated.
I am well aware that I have several misdeamors on my record, but have not been involved with the court system in almost six years.....
I was told if I have my record sealed or whatever that I could come back to work.... Well ok, but beyond that that are basically acting like they don't want me back, actions speak louder than words, and refusing to provide the exact details of what got me canned and giving me the complete runaround doesn't sound like they are giving a **** about me.... Ive spoken with my shift manager, the plant general manager, the head of human resources, a human resources lackey, all four gave me the runaround and told me to be in contact with someone else.... I contacted corporate HQ and they told me they don't directly deal with these situations and I should go back and contact my human resource people at my local plant.....

I am overly frustrated.... I can understand not hiring someone based upon my background, but terminating me after the fact?? And all this ensuing run around has left me out in the cold....

Furthermore, I have been DENIED(not terminated) employment before and always the companies give me the lowdown and I get a free copy of my credit report and criminal background check... This particular company is not even offereing that to me.....

Im 25 years old, married, and a new homeowner... I need to find permanent employment and soon... So outside of my current inquiry on this particualr situation, if anyone can provide information on how exactly I go about getting my record sealed or expunged would be greatly appreciated...

Thanks guys,
Happy Holidays

HomeGuru

bowserfins said:
Hey everyone,

My state is Illinois.

I was recently terminated from a warehouse job due to my backround check..... Is this, in itself, legal?

**A: of course it is.

I was hired on December 1st after waiting 3 weeks for an interview..
I provided all information asked in my Job application and provided everything 100% truthful. I worked for approximately three weeks and then one morning during shift I was pulled into the office with my shift manager and told I was being terminated due to my backround check FINALLY coming back.....

I was told I could dispute it, but the company refuses to provide the exact information to me as to what got me terminated.
I am well aware that I have several misdeamors on my record, but have not been involved with the court system in almost six years.....
I was told if I have my record sealed or whatever that I could come back to work.... Well ok, but beyond that that are basically acting like they don't want me back, actions speak louder than words, and refusing to provide the exact details of what got me canned and giving me the complete runaround doesn't sound like they are giving a **** about me.... Ive spoken with my shift manager, the plant general manager, the head of human resources, a human resources lackey, all four gave me the runaround and told me to be in contact with someone else.... I contacted corporate HQ and they told me they don't directly deal with these situations and I should go back and contact my human resource people at my local plant.....

I am overly frustrated.... I can understand not hiring someone based upon my background, but terminating me after the fact?? And all this ensuing run around has left me out in the cold....

Furthermore, I have been DENIED(not terminated) employment before and always the companies give me the lowdown and I get a free copy of my credit report and criminal background check... This particular company is not even offereing that to me.....

Im 25 years old, married, and a new homeowner... I need to find permanent employment and soon... So outside of my current inquiry on this particualr situation, if anyone can provide information on how exactly I go about getting my record sealed or expunged would be greatly appreciated...

Thanks guys,
Happy Holidays

**A: see above.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">