• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Wrongful Termination??

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

gmacha

What is the name of your state? Texas
Can someone tell me why would a company paying over 20,000 dollars to get my MBA and then fire me stating that I did not meet expectations. I have been with this company for over 10 years and all my previous bosses have been more than happy with my performance. All of a sudden I do not meet my bosses expectations. She is black and I am hispanic. I am a software developer and in my last project I have been praised by other managers on how I was saving the company over $100,000 dollars per year. Yet, I was let go for not meeting expectations. Can this be a case of discrimination or wrongful termination?
Thanks

Last edited:

gmacha said:
Can someone tell me why would a company paying over 20,000 dollars to get my MBA and then fire me stating that I did not meet expectations. I have been with this company for over 10 years and all my previous bosses have been more than happy with my performance. All of a sudden I do not meet my bosses expectations. She is black and I am hispanic. I am a software developer and in my last project I have been praised by other managers on how I was saving the company over $100,000 dollars per year. Can this be a case of discrimination or wrongful termination?
Thanks
No it is a case of over qualification and self-perservation. Take your new MBA and work experience and market yourself to better companies....

Beth3

gmacha said:
Can someone tell me why would a company paying over 20,000 dollars to get my MBA and then fire me stating that I did not meet expectations. I have been with this company for over 10 years and all my previous bosses have been more than happy with my performance. All of a sudden I do not meet my bosses expectations. She is black and I am hispanic. I am a software developer and in my last project I have been praised by other managers on how I was saving the company over $100,000 dollars per year. Yet, I was let go for not meeting expectations. Can this be a case of discrimination or wrongful termination?
Thanks
Nothing in your post suggests anyone's race had any thing to do with the decison. I don't know why your company decided to let you go but just because you're hispanic and your new boss is African American does not make this prohibited discrimination.

Gadfly

Just because two people are of different races does not mean there is discrimination. Get past that.

A probrammer with an MBA? You'll have a job in a week!

eerelations

Lucky you!

And consider this free MBA of yours to be a very generous $20,000-size severance package. You'll be able to use it (and make money from it) for the rest of your working life!

eerelations said:
And consider this free MBA of yours to be a very generous $20,000-size severance package. You'll be able to use it (and make money from it) for the rest of your working life!
unless of course you run into more bosses like what you had..... :rolleyes:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">