• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Wrongful Termination?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

brucef

I live in Minnesota.
I have worked for the State of Minnesota for over 20 years. I have never had one warning of any kind and always had very good performance reviews. I was scheduled to go to a free training course of a software I already work with. I learned what is wrong with the software configuration during the course, left the training (which I already had before), went back to work and fixed the problem. I worked in the server room and did not see any of my co workers during this time. I got the problems resolved and I thought was a hero. They fired me and said I was never there. I had one witness that said I was and the software was now fully working. They now have denied my unemployment as well. Does anyone have any ideas

Beth3

This may have been an unfair termination but it was not a wrongful termination. If the Initial Determination denied UC benefits, you should file for a hearing with the State.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">