• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

wrongful termination?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

montanagrl

I Am Extremely Confused As To The Legality Of A Employment Situation In Which My Previous Supervisor Lied To The Unemployment Office And Now I Have To Go Through The Whole Appeals Process.
First Of All I Was Layed Off From My Road Construction Job....which Was Expected Becouse It Was In The Mountains And The Project Was Due To Shut Down When The Snow And Winter Weather Started Hitting.
The Guy I Worked For Did Not Treat Me Well, And On Many Occations Made My Work Environment "hostile"; As Well As Me Feeling As Though I Was Being Harassed. I Am A Female Heavy Equipment Operator, And I Believe He Was Quite Chauvenistic.
He Verbally Layed Me Off Which Came As No Surprise Too Me. Then When I Applied For Unemployment, I Got A Letter Of "redetermination" Becouse This Supervisor Told Them That I Had Quit My Job. I Called Him And He Denyed Ever Saying That To The U.i. Dept. I Asked Him If He Could Please Call Them And Straighten The Facts Out Becouse By This Time I Was Needing My Unemployment Funds. I Called The Next Day And I Was Told By U.i. That He Changed His Story And Told Her He Had "terminated" Me.
I Was Then Accused Of "administrative Fraud", And Suspended From Collecting Any Unemployment For 52 Weeks!!! I Never Ever Told The Adjudicator Anything But The Truth.
The Next Day I Called The Main Human Resources Office And Talked To The Head H.r. Guy There And He Looked In My Main Personel File Which Stated That I Was Layed Off And Cleared To Collect Unemployment!!
I Quess My Main Question Is, How Can An Employee Be Fired Without Being Told That, And Actually Being Told Something Totally Different Such As " You Are Being Layed Off". It Doesn't Seem Legal Too Me. Also Should I Hire An Attorney On This Issue?
That Money Is Mine, I Worked Hard For It And I Deserve It. I Was Originally Set To Start Collecting On Dec. 3 ....that's Two Months Of Major Struggling For Me, Not Too Mention So Much Stress Becouse I Am So Financially Burdened....and The Depression I Feel Is Awful. Please Give Me Any Advice....i Really Need To Find Some Answers.
Sincerely,
Montanagrl

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
If you want an answer to your question, please go back and edit your post using standard punctuation and capitalization. Reading a post with every word capitalized is very hard to read. It would also help if you would indicate in which state you work.

HomeGuru

montanagrl said:
I Am Extremely Confused As To The Legality Of A Employment Situation In Which My Previous Supervisor Lied To The Unemployment Office And Now I Have To Go Through The Whole Appeals Process.
First Of All I Was Layed Off From My Road Construction Job....which Was Expected Becouse It Was In The Mountains And The Project Was Due To Shut Down When The Snow And Winter Weather Started Hitting.
The Guy I Worked For Did Not Treat Me Well, And On Many Occations Made My Work Environment "hostile"; As Well As Me Feeling As Though I Was Being Harassed. I Am A Female Heavy Equipment Operator, And I Believe He Was Quite Chauvenistic.
He Verbally Layed Me Off Which Came As No Surprise Too Me. Then When I Applied For Unemployment, I Got A Letter Of "redetermination" Becouse This Supervisor Told Them That I Had Quit My Job. I Called Him And He Denyed Ever Saying That To The U.i. Dept. I Asked Him If He Could Please Call Them And Straighten The Facts Out Becouse By This Time I Was Needing My Unemployment Funds. I Called The Next Day And I Was Told By U.i. That He Changed His Story And Told Her He Had "terminated" Me.
I Was Then Accused Of "administrative Fraud", And Suspended From Collecting Any Unemployment For 52 Weeks!!! I Never Ever Told The Adjudicator Anything But The Truth.
The Next Day I Called The Main Human Resources Office And Talked To The Head H.r. Guy There And He Looked In My Main Personel File Which Stated That I Was Layed Off And Cleared To Collect Unemployment!!
I Quess My Main Question Is, How Can An Employee Be Fired Without Being Told That, And Actually Being Told Something Totally Different Such As " You Are Being Layed Off". It Doesn't Seem Legal Too Me. Also Should I Hire An Attorney On This Issue?
That Money Is Mine, I Worked Hard For It And I Deserve It. I Was Originally Set To Start Collecting On Dec. 3 ....that's Two Months Of Major Struggling For Me, Not Too Mention So Much Stress Becouse I Am So Financially Burdened....and The Depression I Feel Is Awful. Please Give Me Any Advice....i Really Need To Find Some Answers.
Sincerely,
Montanagrl

**A: Is Your Computer Keyboard Also Depressed?

montanagrl

Wrongful Termination in the catatonic state of Wyoming

I am sure sorry for posting my question in such a way to make anyone reading it crazy. I promise to catch on and do better! I live in Wyoming which is where this whole incident occured.
I hope that is all that I needed to add to my post?
Thanks for the suggestions, and patience!
Sincerely,
Montanagrl

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
It helps to know what state you are in, but you haven't made the original post any easier to read. You either need to repost it (you can do it in the same thread) with standard capitalization, or go into the original one and delete all the excess capitals, replacing them with lower case letters.

HomeGuru

montanagrl said:
I am sure sorry for posting my question in such a way to make anyone reading it crazy. I promise to catch on and do better! I live in Wyoming which is where this whole incident occured.
I hope that is all that I needed to add to my post?
Thanks for the suggestions, and patience!
Sincerely,
Montanagrl[/QUOTE

**A: it appears that you have a problem following directions.

Gadfly

montanagrl from wyoming,

I think your issue is you were laid off by your supervisor and now can't claim unemployment because your supervisor lied at your hearing and now you want to know what to do. Is that correct?

Last edited:

HomeGuru

Gadfly said:
montanagrl from wyoming,

I think you issue is you were laid off by your supervisor and now can't claim unemployment because your supervisor lied at your hearing and now you want to know what to do. Is that correct?

**A: if it is correct, I'll tell her what to do. find a new job, that's what to do.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">