• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Wrongful termination?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

424Smudge

This is in Illinois....

My husband started a new job about 3 weeks ago. His supervisor is on leave and there was another lady supervising him in his original supervisors absence. The other day she called him into her office and said he was fired. She said "don't get me wrong, there is nothing wrong with your work, I just don't like you." Is that legal? Some chick can just fire anyone that she wants because she doesn't like them?

mlane58

Is that legal? Some chick can just fire anyone that she wants because she doesn't like them?
Unfortunetly Yes she can. An employer can terminate your employment for any reason as long as it doesn't violate Title VII for their race, gender, religion, age, etc..... I don't agree or condone what she did, but she didn't do anything illegal.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">