• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Wrongful Termination

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

kcrazed

What is the name of your state? Va. What are the legal requirements needed to justify filing a wrongful termniation suit? How do I go about starting & what do I do or can I do myself, before I get a lawyer involved?

justalayman

kcrazed said:
What is the name of your state? Va. What are the legal requirements needed to justify filing a wrongful termniation suit? How do I go about starting & what do I do or can I do myself, before I get a lawyer involved?
You would need to be wrongfully terminated to justify such a suit.

Most people who believe the were wrongfully terminated are usually wrong.

pattytx

If you don't want to give us any details why you think you were wrongfully terminated, then IAAL's response is exactly what you asked for.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Even assuming you WERE wrongfully terminated, (which is a big if because the other posters are right; about 95% of people who think they were wrongfully terminated were not) there is more than one form of wrongful termination and what agency you go through and whether or not you need an attorney are determined by the specific facts. So no one can answer your question based on the information we have available to us.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">