• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Wrongful Termination?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Bigfish

Oregon

I was fired last week after blowing the whistle on my supervisor, his two "leads," and my supervisors supervisor. I went two levels over the latter's head and reported a litany of unscrupulous, unfair, and dishonest decisions that had resulted in having my ability to make a living seriously limited. I disclosed this information to management in October, was thanked for bringing it to their attention, and assured an investigation would follow. Since then, I was told that they were working behind the scenes to make things better for me and my department. In January they fired my supervisor's supervisor, then in February they fired one of the leads. Two weeks ago they fired my supervisor. Then last Monday they fired ME!! They cited poor sales performance as the reason, but that was what I complained about in the first place, that my good territory had been unjustly taken from me, and I had not been given another territory where acceptable sales were possible! Is there anything I can do?What is the name of your state?

Beth3

Unless the unscrupulous, unfair, and dishonest decisions your boss engaged in were actually criminal or prohibited by law and the relevant law (if any) protects employees who report such behavior internally, then this was not a wrongful termination. You're really going to need to consult with a local employment law attorney for an opinion on your specific situation.

FYI, such protections are quite limited although it's possible Sarbanes-Oxley may apply depending on your exact circumstances.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">