• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

wrongful termination

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Dixiepc

What is the name of your state? Florida

I was still in a probationary period at my job when my ex-husband falsely accused me of domestic violence. I was then suspended without pay for 2 months and then terminated. The reason I was given is because the company is a contractor of DJJ and that is DJJ's policy. The company also told me that I could reapply and most likely get a job back if my case is dropped or I am found not guilty. My case is still open and the likely outcome is for the case to be closed because I have an alibi. Is this wrongful termination?

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
No, it is not. Contrary to what many people apparently believe, wrongful termination does not mean that you were fired for something you didn't do; it means that there is a specific law which prohibits the employer from firing you for the reason they did.

No law says you can't be fired on suspicion of misconduct, even if they are mistaken.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">