• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Wrongful termination

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

BLCARTER64

First of all I was told by an agent at the State of Iowa Workforce Development (Unemployment Insurance) office that this is the law in Iowa;

An employer can fire you for ANY reason as long as it does not violate the Federal guidelines. Then he told me that you could be fired because the employer does not like the color of your eyes. PLEASE TELL ME IF THIS TRUE !!

My situtation invovles being terminated because "I Was Not Happy". That is a direct quote from my supervisor. My friends say I should contact a lawyer. I am not sure because of what I was told when I was filing my unemployment insurance claim with the City of Des Moines.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">