• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

wrongful termination?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

vonnyvoo

What is the name of your state? Oregon
Without going into a super long story**************......I was pulled into work for a drug test, without going into details my pee was to cold to test, at the time I asked for a blood test to show my innocence, it was my pee out of my bladder at that time, I have a therory as to why but can get no one to listen. If I had been smart I would have tried to find another lab that day to test me, but didn't know I could, anyway I have been falsely accused and fired from my job, and after talking with some ex co-workers found out the rumors are flying that I failed a drug test. I need help, what should I do? Vonnyvoo

justalayman

Well it may take some more explanation.

Urine tests require the temp to be above 91º F. If your urine is that cold, you have other problems.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Even if we assume that you are 110% innocent, this is not a wrongful termination.

Wrongful term does not mean you were fired for something you didn't do. It means you were fired for a reason prohibited by law.

I assure you that the law does not prohibit an employer from firing an employee who tests positive for illegal drugs, no matter what their "explanation" might be.

vonnyvoo

Ok maybe wrongful termination is the wrong term. This is such a long story and I hate to bore you, I am 110% innocent. I'll try to keep it short. I have a person stalking me and she has been for 3 yrs, thats another story, but she calls and e-mails my boss, anonymously of course, and tells him I do meth, everytime she does this I get pulled in (14 times in 3yrs) This past Fri. they pull me again, not a big deal, I'm clean**************..I work noc shift as a supervisor.
Now here is the time line (because documation is pounded in us at work I'm in the habit of checking my watch)
Thrus evening my husband go out I have 2 drinks, we are home by 10pm.
I'm up at 3am (I have rhuimtoid arthritis and have a hard time sleeping because of the pain)
back in bed by 6:30 sleeping soon after my husband got kid up and let me sleep.
Phone call from boss at 10:10 am requesting me to come in.
In her office at 10:53 am
check into lab (with boss) at 11:26am
called to registery desk, done with her at 12:03pm
Now I have had nothing to eat or drink since before 9:30 pm nite before.
No coffee there just cold water , I drank 2, 1/2 cups of water, finished just as they called me back.
I was able to give them only 1/2 in of urine in cup. it registered no temp, I asked for another urine test No can do , so I asked for a blood test and lab refused.
I called my boss from their waiting room and told her that my pee was to cold to test , she said don't worry you gave it a college try, I told her that I wanted a blood test, she said don't worry just go home,
At 4:59pm I was suspended for three days told to call mon. afternoon, I called at 12:01pm mon. was told to come in a pick up final check, I told her to mail it.
Now I have heard from several ex co-workers that I failed a drug test. Isn't that supposed to be confidential?

Sorry this is so long, any more questions?

mlane58

Ok maybe wrongful termination is the wrong term. This is such a long story and I hate to bore you, I am 110% innocent. I'll try to keep it short. I have a person stalking me and she has been for 3 yrs, thats another story, but she calls and e-mails my boss, anonymously of course, and tells him I do meth, everytime she does this I get pulled in (14 times in 3yrs) This past Fri. they pull me again, not a big deal, I'm clean**************..I work noc shift as a supervisor.
Now here is the time line (because documation is pounded in us at work I'm in the habit of checking my watch)
Thrus evening my husband go out I have 2 drinks, we are home by 10pm.
I'm up at 3am (I have rhuimtoid arthritis and have a hard time sleeping because of the pain)
back in bed by 6:30 sleeping soon after my husband got kid up and let me sleep.
Phone call from boss at 10:10 am requesting me to come in.
In her office at 10:53 am
check into lab (with boss) at 11:26am
called to registery desk, done with her at 12:03pm
Now I have had nothing to eat or drink since before 9:30 pm nite before.
No coffee there just cold water , I drank 2, 1/2 cups of water, finished just as they called me back.
I was able to give them only 1/2 in of urine in cup. it registered no temp, I asked for another urine test No can do , so I asked for a blood test and lab refused.
I called my boss from their waiting room and told her that my pee was to cold to test , she said don't worry you gave it a college try, I told her that I wanted a blood test, she said don't worry just go home,
At 4:59pm I was suspended for three days told to call mon. afternoon, I called at 12:01pm mon. was told to come in a pick up final check, I told her to mail it.
Now I have heard from several ex co-workers that I failed a drug test. Isn't that supposed to be confidential?

Sorry this is so long, any more questions?
It still doesn't change the answers that nothing illegal took place on part of your employer

ecmst12

Though you might have a cause of action against the person who's been calling your employer and telling them you do meth.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">