• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Wrongful Termination ?????

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

sx400

What is the name of your state? New York

After completing a test, medical exam, ect ..I was recently hired by the US postal service for a temp position as a mail clerk of one year at a rate of $15 per hr. I recieved my letters of acceptance stating this information. I also recieved my PO photo ID card.
On my first day of orientation (at the end of the day) I was informed by the superviser, that they had made a mistake, and that 'they' had over hired by 'one person'. They could only offerer me an alternative job with another post office in Ganitorial for $9 per hr. or they would have to terminate me.
I had already turned down other higher paying jobs than that because I was told I had the $15 secured.
Do I have a legal case????

Betty

Agree, you might have a problem with unemployment benefits since they did offer you an alternate job which you apparently turned down.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">