• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

wrongful termination

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

spirit97x3

I live in Virginia. Need to know if a person has an alternative to being fired for something he didn't do. I was accuse of harassment towards an employee and I didn't do it. 3 of us were talking at work and she kept bringing up different topics about herself and all were in conversation. Nothing lewd was said or any physical contact was done. Next thing I know about 3 days later is an investigation was done on me because of her complaint that was filed with our human resources. I was called in and fired. The witness said he didn't remember any comments being made by me or anything. Since then the complainer quit the followinf week and the witness gave notice and also quit because of the way I was done. Also; a few other employees have quit because they think I was unjustly fired and don't believe I did it either, which I didn't! What can I do about this?? Also just found out they filed that I was fired for misconduct with the Va. Employment Comm. and am having a hard time filing for unemployment at this time. Can the company fire someone like this without showing me any of the so-called testimony from what I was accused of or show proof. I have never had this happen to me in 40 years of working and now I feel like I'm being slandered and worse. What can I do??
Tim Davis

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
A wrongful termination does not mean that you were fired for something you didn't do. It means that you were fired for a reason prohibited by law, which does not appear to be the case here. They are not obligated to show you any of the statements; nor are the obligated to "prove" the case. They are not a court of law.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">