• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Wrongful Termination

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

FatherTime

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? MN
I was recently terminated from my job.
In late june early july of this year I was called a *igger by one of my subordinates and wanted to make my boss aware of this. she never met with me. in August, Racial slurs were made over the radio ( everyone had one to hear) and I again wanted to speak to my boss about this but this time I sent it in an email to her and the corporate office and nothing was said or done.
My boss faked an injury report to get me fired ( I had to submit to a drug/alcohol test.... I PASSED) I didnt report any injury to her!
and finally last week she came up with this were going in a different direction crap which I was terminated.

What Should I build my case on? Racial Discrimination, Retailiation, or Any Violation Regarding this Drug test?

They Still haven't paid me my last check either.
I was and still and supervisor material!

pattytx

I can only address the final pay issue, but it's WAY overdue and you can file an unpaid wage claim with the state Dept. of Labor.

Just for curiosity's sake, when you contact the employer and ask where your final check is, what do they say?

commentator

File for your unemployment insurance. Like immediately! Yesterday. Forget all this stuff about getting together a case, and how you are supervisory material. Not there. They have fired you. You no longer work there.

You may or may not have a case of discrimination. This will be something you can take up with the EEOC. BUt if you file for unemployment benefits, you will force them to at least tell the state office some reason why they terminated you. This will at least give you a concrete idea of what they are going to say is the reason they terminated you.

Not getting the last paycheck will not keep you from filing for unemployment benefits. You aren't working any more. Therefore you shoudl be receiving benfits if approved. They will ask you for the reason you were told you are not working there any more. If you don't know, tell them what did happen. Do NOT say you quit. They will then contact the employer and ask what they say about this. It's an answer, better than nothing. And your unemployment benefits are better than nothing.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">