• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Wrongful Termination

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

dgc10680

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Florida.....I was dissmised from work a few months after a on the job injury. I had filed a workmans comp claim to pay for my medical bills. I was told by management that I was a liabilaty and it was going to cost the company alot of money because of the accident. I was still hurt and went back to work because I was told by the supervisor he needed me to come back to work because they were losing money. About five months went by and they terminated me for a reason they made up (passing a written test for a company license ) which had never been a requirement to keep the job. I worked with the company for 3 yrs. I feel I was ultimately terminated because of my workmans comp claim. I am still under a workmans comp Doctors care as a result of the injury. Do you see this as Wrongful Termination by law?

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Given that they were only required to hold your job for a maximum of 12 weeks, which is a lot less than 5 months, I think you'll have a very hard time making a wrongful term claim fly.

dgc10680

misunderstood

Given that they were only required to hold your job for a maximum of 12 weeks, which is a lot less than 5 months, I think you'll have a very hard time making a wrongful term claim fly.
I went back to work two weeks after the accident for fear that I would be fierd you see,but, the supervisor dissmissed me 5 months after the accident. I think this is a case, being dissmissed for a bogus reason when really it was the workmans comp claim...read back...Thanks

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">