• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Wrongful termination

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

shoneka23

MS, I feel that I was terminated for a very wrong reason. I was a waitress for almost 2 years and my boss was taking money from me. Sometimes customers would leave tips on their credit card receipts and I did not recieve them and yes my manager knew what he was doing. He would also literally take my money off the table an dput it in his pocket saying I didn't move fast enough or etc. That is considered stealing if you ask me and that is wrong regardless of the situation. This has happened numerous of times and nothing has been done about it.I called him to talk to him about the issue and he said since you say I'm stealing from you,find somewhere else to work. The assistant manager called and asked am I coming back to work or was I going to quit and I told him the manager fired me. He said the manager told him different but I know what was said over the phone between me and the manager. I called the manager to verify what was said by the assistant manager and the manager said he didn't want to talk about it anymore. I'm worried that I won't receive umemployment because I feel like it's my word against theirs and I really have no proof.What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">