• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Wrongful termination

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

donaw

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Montana
My husband was let go from his job after coming back from vacation because his employer "heard" he was looking for another job. First of all, we absolutely were NOT, and secondly he never gave another reason why he would be let go from his job. Is this legal???

Isis1

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Montana
My husband was let go from his job after coming back from vacation because his employer "heard" he was looking for another job. First of all, we absolutely were NOT, and secondly he never gave another reason why he would be let go from his job. Is this legal???

nutts. i got mixed up with the M's. i thought it was michigan that wasn't an at will state. grrrr!!

Last edited:

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
It would be legal in any other state, but it may not be so in Montana. Montana is the one and only state which does not consistantly follow the at will doctrine.

Donaw, how long had your husband worked for this employer? There's a reason I'm asking.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Jinx, nothing, I had it posted before you did your edit. You can buy the Cokes.

I'm just fine, how are you? :D

ecmst12

This might well be the first time I've actually seen someone from Montana post here! I didn't think anyone actually lived there ;)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">