• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

wrongful termination

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

bn55

i live in atlanta ga. i am a former "casual" postal employee. i was hired by human resources to work the hours of 5:00pm-12:45am. i worked these hours for nine months. i was terminated from the position one month after being rehired. months before the termination, the mdo called me into his office along with the acting 204B and said because he doesn't agree with my hours, i could either turn in my badge and be firered on the spot or switch to another tour. i would'nt agree to do neither and defended my argument. he then check with and time an attendance to see if i was cited for tardies. he said my job performance was ok which is not good enough for him. after defending my position,i was ordered back to work. i told my immediate supervisor the following day about the incident. a month later, the 204b was transferred. two months later, as the mdo was walking around the corner,he spotted me talking to a co-worker while coming from re-wrap. he asked me three times do i want this job? when i wouldn't answer he fired me. he called my supervisor over to retrieve my badge and gloves and ordered me off the premises.
i filed a complaint with the eeo charging him sexual harassment,wrongful termination,creating an hostile work environment and use of threatening remarks, which in is violation of zero tolerance policy and violence in the workplace policy set by the us post office. we went through mediation but could not reach a resolution. we are in the process of an eeo invesitgation. it appears that they are not dealing with the issues of my complaint but the issue of job performance and they are trying to get me to sign the documentation by may 15,2001. i believe i have an legal case because 1. violation of my civil liberties 2. he harrassed me out of this position 3. did not follow the chain of command(he was not my supervisor but my supervisors supervisor) 4. breach of employment contract by human resources 5.creating an hostile work environment.6. i was never informed by my supervisor that there was a problem with my job performance 7. i received the termination letter two weeks after being fired.
sincerly

L

lawrat

Pleas shorten your statement so we can answer it. Repost as a new posting and be a little more specific in your post.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">