• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Wrongful termination

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

DustyR

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Texas
I have worked at my job for over a year. Recently I gave them 2 weeks notice that I was going out of town. The day I was leaving Friday Memorial Day weekend I was called and told I could not go, but I was previously cleared to go. I got back that Monday and was taken off the schedule and the manager and assistant manager would not return my calls or texts. The manager told other employees that I bailed on them. I'm out of work now.
Can an attorney help me?

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
You don't need an attorney to apply for Unemployment and to look for a new job.

CSO286

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Texas
I have worked at my job for over a year. Recently I gave them 2 weeks notice that I was going out of town. The day I was leaving Friday Memorial Day weekend I was called and told I could not go, but I was previously cleared to go. I got back that Monday and was taken off the schedule and the manager and assistant manager would not return my calls or texts. The manager told other employees that I bailed on them. I'm out of work now.
Can an attorney help me?
Help you with what?

DustyR

I would like to go after the involved parties. Yes, I have filed for unemployment. They will not contact me or anything. I did nothing wrong. I should NOT have to file unemployment and should still have a job. Maybe they don't want me because I'm seen as "disabled" and have right side paraylsis. I don't know. This is crazy

CSO286

I would like to go after the involved parties. Yes, I have filed for unemployment. They will not contact me or anything. I did nothing wrong. I should NOT have to file unemployment and should still have a job. Maybe they don't want me because I'm seen as "disabled" and have right side paraylsis. I don't know. This is crazy
You already quit. They just shortened your notice period.

Zigner

You've been terminated. Nothing wrong with that.

DustyR

Yes, my 2 weeks WAS to let them know about my trip. I made it VERY clear to them. I'm currently still on the schedule I just don't have any hours. I still have access to the systems... I'm not TERMINATED, I just can't get a hold of my boss or upper management to find out what the heck is going on. THEY WONT RETURN MY CALLS OR TEXTS

davew128

Yes, my 2 weeks WAS to let them know about my trip. I made it VERY clear to them. I'm currently still on the schedule I just don't have any hours. I still have access to the systems... I'm not TERMINATED, I just can't get a hold of my boss or upper management to find out what the heck is going on. THEY WONT RETURN MY CALLS OR TEXTS
The advice stands. If you're not being given any hours, file for unemployment.

Zigner

I will restate:

If you're not given any hours, then you are effectively terminated. You cannot force them to put you on the schedule.

DustyR

Terminated Why? This is childish. I just got back within cell range and one of the area presidents wanted to know when I would go back to work. His voice mail said that I'm a model employee..hard worker...etc. What now, I had to leave the town because my apartment lease was up May 31st and now with some friends 4 hours away. I'm confused. The President wants to know when I can start back but the Manager and his assistant REFUSE to answer my calls or texts. WTF?
It DOESN'T sound like I've been terminated
It DOESN'T sound like I've been terminated
It DOESN't sound like I've been terminated

Last edited:

OHRoadwarrior

Because you were told your vacation authorization was revoked and you needed to go to work. You chose to continue with the vacation and abandon your job. File for UI.

Zigner

You cannot FORCE them to put you on the schedule. It really is that simple. You could be the best employee that anyone, anywhere, has ever seen, but it wouldn't change things.

DustyR

You guys are FAILING to read my posts. The president wants me to return to work. The manager won't answer my phone calls. I want an attorney to sort this out because it looks like to the unemployment office I'm still working AKA catch 22.
If you guys can't clearly understand what I've posted I will find a forum that people attend and have reading comprehension.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">