• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

wrongful termination

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

P

peaceful

North Carolina: I know that the state of NC is a "right to work state" and my understanding is you can be terminated for any reason, however I have been employed at a particular co. for less than 90 days. I was told I was doing a good job constantly. One day a new manager (employed less time than myself) fires me and say they no longer need my services, I asked for an explanation, I was told it was not working out. I demanded the reason in writing and was told because of my time, I had been late a few times, was never warned verbal or written or otherwise my duties never went lacking nor were there ever more than one message if any in my voice mail box when I arrived. Another employee who has been late every day since I began working at this co. and late at least 1/2 hour, was verbally warned, and than written up but not terminated. The only different between me and that employee is skin color, I feel I was terminated for no reason other than my race. Can I file a discrimination suit based on the information I have given here? I feel used and abused right now, please help.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">