• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

wrongful termination

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

Mar222ll

Last Fri. I was called in to my bosses office and told my last day at work is Fri June 22, 2001. I asked if I was fired and my boss said No. I told him I was not resigning and his reply was " you have been replaced by a person that has an HR degree and that is bi-lingual and Puerto Rican." They offered me 5 weeks severance pay. This is in Virginia where I work but the co that owns us is in PA....is this right? Can they do this?? I was never reprimanded only praised daily about my work

Thanks!!!!!

C

carebearsmom

Virginia is in at-will employment state, meaning that employers have to give no reason to fire you. BUT, you can file for unemployment as well as calling the Labor Board and filing a discrimination suit. Good luck!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">