• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

wrongful termination

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

mason tender

I am a 35 yr old male from michigan who worked for a public shool system for 13 yrs. i have had no past discipline for any reasons and all of my evaluations were satisfactory or better.in may of 2000, i hit a fellow employee,while off the clock, for very personal reasons. i was fired and denied unemployment benifits due to the nature of the termination and the school system fought vigourasly against me during the appeals process. eventually, the school system was found, thru arbitration , to have fired me without just cause, as there policy prescribes to progressive discipline.. my punishment was reduced to a 10 day suspension without pay, including all back pay minus any earnings thru other employment.i had since found other employment making more money and decided to resign instead of returning. i feel that i have been slandered at a state level for being denied unemployment and deserve to be compensated by the schools for the 3 1/2 months that i went without income, since i was wrongfully terminated. do i have a route to recieve compensation?? ps..the difference between earnings with my new job entitled me to a few hundred dollars... i was denied 4200 dollars thru unemployment yet found wrongfully terminated thru arbitration.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">