• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Wrongful Termination

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

splatti

I have worked for a mutual fund company in the Boston, MA area for 12-13 years. The department I worked for within that company supplied no proper learning materials and the verbal & mental abuse that takes place for this specific type of mutual fund is very poor . For 12 years I have been filing major complaints with the HR department to get this fixed and nothing has been done. I myself suffer from Epilepsy and my seizure disorder has gotten worse since the day I have started in 1988-89. 95% of the massive amount of seizures I've had took place at work or on my way home from work. The working environment became very sarcastic, vebally abusive and this was accepted by the company. To be brief I sent an email to a coworker of mine that was sarcastic and was reported to the HR department. So during one of the meetings I had for one of my major complaints, HR and the SR Vice Pres of this company told me to stay away from this coworker,so I did and never spoke to her again. Around the same time I had a severe seizure outside of work that put me in jail. When I found out the actual reason why I was put in jail my first reaction was to send a letter of apollogy to the victum and it explained what my seizures were being caused by (Work). Because my seizures took place at work ,I ask them to speak with an investegator to let him know how I respond when I am seizuring, but I also supplied a copy of the letter of apollogy to HR. Since that day the company has requested I be taken off the special project they had me on, they wouldnot talk to the investigator and have had specific employees ask me questions about the updates to this case that put me in jail. I could tell they were getting worried because the case has been going on for about a year now and nothing positive was coming from it. So, one day I went down to the HR department to request my personal file so I could update my resume and see what I really accomplished these past 12-13 years and a couple days later I was told I was being taken off the project and to goto HR to migrate me back to the old department I was working in. I showed up to HR that monday July 2 and I was fired for the letter I sent to that coworker almost 10 months ago and was only warned to stay away from, Which I did.
I had too much evidence in my personal file of this companies misconduct and failure to comply to for the past 12years. There are many other issues I could bring up, but I want to keep this brief.
I have filed with the EEOC, but should I be looking for a lawyer if they determine It has nothing to do with the case caused by my seizure disorder.
please let me know
thx splatti

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">