• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

wrongful termination??

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

stage

I am currently out on short-term disability due to a serious accident. I received a call from the branch manager indicating he was doing a lay-off. He stated that since I was out and did not know when I would return and if I was to return today he had no work for me, I was one of them he was laying off. With the statement “Currently out and not knowing when I will be returning” be considered wrongful termination or discrimination because I am on disability? What right or recourse do I have?

Last edited:

L

loku

If your employer has more than 50 employees, the employer is subject to the Family Medical Leave Act. If that is the case, this would be a wrongful termination under the Act.

I suggest you go to http://www.elaws.dol.gov/fmla/wren/fc.htm, which will give you info on filing a complaint with the Secretary of Labor. It also gives info on what you could win in a lawsuit.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">