• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

wrongful termination

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

bossepressman

i live in the state of kenyucky and i was wrongfuly terminated and the company knew they could not fire me on the grounds for which they are accusing me. i work for a company that does have a union and a contract that they signed and agreed too. when i left on 8-8-01 at 6:30am i tld both the 1st shift supervisor and the 2nd shift supervisor that i wasnt feeling very well and i would not be in that evening and posibly the next night. when i got home i had my wife call in and make sure th office would know and possibly find someone to fill in while i was gone. on 8-10-01 my wife told me that work had called and for me to call them when iget a chance. i called and talked to the h.r. manager and she proceeded to explan to me that i was terminated because i did not show up for work on 8-9-01 knowing perfictly well that i told my supervisors that i would not be coming in and tat my wife called and told them the same thing, and also knowing perfictly well that the company had a point system and warning systemthat they had to abide by but yet they terminated me any way . i only had 3 points against me and it takes 8 or 9 to terminate but they did it anyways and it is know going to arbitration but my family is suffering now my wife does not work she didnt half too and she just had a baby and the baby needs to see the dr. regurly. is there any kind of suit i can put against the company?they knew what they were going to do was not right but they did it any how! thanks bossepressman

B

bossepressman

my unions doing eveything they can do but i want to know what can i do on the grounds of a lawsuit any law suit im right now talking to a lawyer about defamation of character suit. is there any other suits i maybe able to pursue?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">