• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Wrongful termination

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

CAtroubles

Aug.28th I was called into meeting with the CEO of my company. I was told that he is connected has learned that I was unhappy and looking for a new job. I said yes that I was unhappy with certian elements, but Have no intentions of leaving and I am not looking or interviewing. ( Ihave been with the company only 11 months). We addressed several issues.. and said that we would see how the next 4 months go and then reevaluate in Jan. 2002.

Friday Oct.5th, I walk into his office at 4;45 to talk about a marketing piece, we spent 20 minutes talking about that..as I went to leave he said that I should start looking for another job..and did I want to clean my office out today or Monday? He said that I lied to him about interviewing for another job. He presebted me with e-mails from july exchanged with my old boss in Chicago that were total jokes.

I sent an e-mail over the weekend stating my case and our agreement on Aug 28th. I then had ameeting with him and the controller... where he demanded an apology and told me that a recruiter i spoke with had called and informed him that I was looking. ( I was not looking seriously, but did speak with the recruiter). My company has offered to take me back..but only on the condition that I take a 30,000 pay cut with a different bonus structure.

This has caused tremendous stress and a $30,000 loss in income. Do I have a legal case against the recruiter, the recruiter was very clear in his conversation with me that our communications were private.

ALawyer

The recruiter was unprofessional, but it will be your word against hers, and the firm you are with will fire you for dragging them in and/or being litigious (thinking if the recruiter today them next).

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">