• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Wrongful Termination

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

LKlein

Boca Raton, FL - I had been at my job for only 2 months, (new to FL), was getting great job reviews and they were very impressed with my job performance. The owners have a brother that work there, who is crude, rude and vulgar to me on a constant basis. I was tired of putting up with it, so I simply began to ignore him, and the others when they laughed at him, or while he was there. I did not however, ever compromise my job capabilities, and continued to do job, as I always had.
On Friday, the boss called me into his office, 10 min before 5pm and said he noticed I was not socializing with the others and seemed rather cold. He asked what was the problem, I told him it was his wifes brother, and his behaviors, that I did not like. He told me that the guy, is young (21) and that he will not change, so he is letting me go, and that I did not need to show up on Monday. So I asked him if he was firing me because of the brother would not change his ways, and he said yes.
He said that my job performance was great, that I was the best worker he had ever hired, yadda yadda yadda, but the bottom line was .. the kid was family.
Is there any sort of recourse for this?? I was fired for being harrased, and honest when asked. This seems unjust to me.
Please advise!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">