• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Wrongful Termination

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

laustin

I was a Business Consultant with my company in Connecticut, telecommuting from home in Maine. I was laid off in a reduction in force action on July 11, 2001. At the same time, a job posting for Business Consultants was on the bulletine board at the company. I have also seen employment listings in various newspapers for Business Consultants for the company. I was told I was laid off because of a lack of work - there was no criticism of my performance, and no request for me to return to working in the office (my telecommuting contract contained a provision that I return to the office if needed). Do I have any recourse in this situation?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">