• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Wrongful Termination!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

ldmacko

Hi all,

I work at Eastern New Mexico University in Portales, NM as a police officer. My last day is January 14th. I have been employed there for a year on Dec. 18th. I am being forced to resign because of the departments screw up.
The department gave me a year to get into shape for the police academy which I did in October of this year. They didn't start the paperwork until November. The academy starts in January. The paperwork was sent back to have two tests redone. The vision and the hearing. The academy did not say how to retest, so I retested. I went to pre-assessment last week for the academy because I was told Santa Fe accepted my paperwork. The next morning, my Chief advised me that the paperwork was rejected because the vision test was not done correctly. Therefore, this resulted in my not being able to go to the academy in January because the academy would not hold a slot for me and the academy has twenty-five people on stand-by. The Chief of the department advised me he would pay for the paperwork if I sent myself to the academy. I told him I could not afford to. He also advised me that he is going to have to let me go because the paperwork was not done in time. This isn't my fault. I got in shape in early October, but they didn't start the paperwork until November.
Do I have a case? I would like to know so I can take this further.

Sincerely,
David
EPD

D

dezul

get a lawyer. and ask for details in writing of what happened and why your being fired.

D

dezul

get a lawyer. and ask for details in writing of what happened and why your being fired.

L

ldmacko

I think I will!

Thanks for your response. I was thinking about getting a lawyer because it didn't sound right that I should be fired for their mistake. I have made copies of all paperwork explaining everything. Anyways, I posted it because I wasn't sure If I had a case or not. Thanks for helping me out.

Sincerely,
David

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">