• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Wrongful Termination After My Resignation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

angbellant

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Oregon

I was working for a retail company as a cashier for about 8 months, which started in March and ended in the beginning of November. I had no problems with the company and was a good employee for them. I gave my two weeks notice at the very end of October, and I handed my letter of resignation to one of the three assistant managers that I was told to go to. Now at the beginning of January I get my exit interview letter saying that I was terminated for not showing up to work, and that my employment status wasn't processed until just now. So I go in and ask them about it and the manager I handed my letter of resignation to doesn't really remember me and isn't sure what happened so she makes copies of my exit interview paper and my personal copy of the letter of resignation that I turned in and asks for my number and says she will look into it and get back to me. A week goes by and I haven't heard from her so I call the personnel office and talk to them figuring maybe they will know more. They said that they heard of a situation concerning a previous employee similar to my situation where the managers knew a mistake was made but they said that once those papers are processed they can't do anything about changing it, but this personnel employee doesn't know if it is about me. She says she will email the manager I talked to and tell her to give me a call back. So my question is, is there a time limit on when you can change a previous employee's end-of-termination status? And also If they say they absolutely can't do anything about it what should I do? I'd really appreciate a response, thank you.

- A

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
This is not meant to be snarky or sarcastic...it's an honest question. Why does it matter?

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
is there a time limit on when you can change a previous employee's end-of-termination status? No

And also If they say they absolutely can't do anything about it what should I do? Nothing.

In what way do you imagine this to be a wrongful term?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">