• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

wrongful termination because of slander

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

bumptherump

What is the name of your state?North Carolina
This guy lied and said I sexually harassed him. It was my word against his and they fired me. I want to sue the guy that lied for slander. He wrote out a written statement saying what I supposedly did. I want to take a lie detectors test to prove I did not do this. He has spread this all around my town and people are even saying it at my future inlaws church. I did not do any of what he said. Now I have to worry about my finances, my reputation, and finding a job where all jobs around here are going overseas. I made decent money and I had 9 years in at my plant. He has caused me alot of worries, damaged my reputation, made me loose my job for something I did not do. Can I sue him?

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
You can certainly try. However, the burden of proof will be on you to show that he deliberately lied, not that he misunderstood something and honestly thought you were harassing him.

Consult local counsel.

BTW, you do not have a case for wrongful term, even if you do have one against him. Your employer is free to believe him and not you, even if they are totally mistaken.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">