• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Wrongful Termination Case????

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

afallison

GEORGIA

new employee for 63 days. two days ago i sent an email to my employer at his request after reporting an incident with coworker.

co worker had lost her cool about having to stay late for the second time. she screamed at me and threw papers at me. it made me very uncomfortable and actually afraid of her. i went immediately to my boss and was told to send an email with "just the facts". i did as he asked.

today, i was called into his office and told that no one could corraborate my story and i was being terminated for reporting the incident.

i spoke with my coworkers after i returned home and not one single person had been consulted about the incident.

can i sue??? could i win???

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
You can sue only because anyone can sue for anything. But what you describe is not a wrongful termination and you would not win.

afallison

thank you for your reply.... however, would this not be retaliation for reporting unsafe working conditions? that is illegal, correct?

thank you again.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Besides which, even if it were unsafe conditions (which it is not) in most states it's only illegal to fire someone for reporting those conditions to OSHA, not to the employer.

It's not a wrongful term.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">