• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

wrongful termination case ? alcohol related

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

bill_2005

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? TEXAS

Company HQ'ed in Plano area
now-fired employee from Galveston area

Recently a friend, who is employed by contract by "Corporation A", in support a much larger corporation, "Corporation B" was fired when an employee of Corp-B reported that he smelled alcohol on my friends breath while on duty, at work.

My friend was fired literally two work-days later, with NO investigation by his own parent company. NO Investigation by Corp-B, who pays the contractor for work. No one knows if the accusation is true/false, but nonetheless, he was fired, literally two-days later.

Prior to this incident, my friend and the accuser have had on-going "friction" at work, arguments, disagreements, etc, and this obviously could be an underlying factor.

Does my friend have any legal grounds to get his job back? Etc?

thanks

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
No. Suspicion of drinking on the job is a perfectly acceptable reason to fire someone. The employer is not required to have proof.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">