• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Wrongful Termination Case (for class)

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Makinitmine

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Utah

Alright so we were presented with this problem in class and were encouraged to seek out opinions from lawyers and just other people in general. Here's the case at hand:

This lady was fired from a company because she decided not to buy items from her boss' home based business, which he was promoting and bringing in items for during their weekly department meetings.

Basically what is happening is that this now former employee would like to appeal their dismissal legally. We have to identify what grounds you have and what was inappropriate (if anything) about the activity at work.

Thanks for any help

ecmst12

We don't do homework. But this termination was 100% legal. Do your own research to find out why.

Makinitmine

alright well thanks for that tidbit, however, I wasn't asking anyone to do my homework, but rather asking for advice from a legal standpoint.

Thanks anyways

Makinitmine

I don't really have a problem. I simply responded to his statement of "we don't do homework" as I wasn't asking someone to do my homework

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
You are asking someone else to do the research and feed you the answers. If that's not asking someone else to do your homework, I don't know what is.

mahallyen

Wow people on here are RUDE!
Wish I had thought to do a survey online for my paper LOL.

If I'm understanding the scenario the lady got fired for NOT purchasing items from her boss? That doesn't sound right to me unless it was in her contract to purchase from her employer.

Good luck

You are asking someone else to do the research and feed you the answers. If that's not asking someone else to do your homework, I don't know what is.
If the OP is suppose to seek out other people's opinions how can he do that if he doesn't ask....

eerelations

If I'm understanding the scenario the lady got fired for NOT purchasing items from her boss? That doesn't sound right to me unless it was in her contract to purchase from her employer.
Again, it is perfectly legal to fire an employee for not purchasing items from her boss.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
If the OP is suppose to seek out other people's opinions how can he do that if he doesn't ask....

You can ask. That doesn't mean we have to answer.

HomeGuru

Wow people on here are RUDE!
Wish I had thought to do a survey online for my paper LOL.

Good luck

**A: yes good idea. Why not do a survey to see how mnay idiots there are online on free advice forums. And please do not forget to count yourself.

mahallyen

**A: yes good idea. Why not do a survey to see how mnay idiots there are online on free advice forums. And please do not forget to count yourself.

Yeah I'll add you to my I D ten T list.

I never said I'd have done my survery on this forum. Mine had to do with Video game addiction on children and from the sound of some of ya'll on here I don't think ya'll know what an MMORPG from a I D ten T.

AGAIN for the OP good luck on your paper

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">