• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Wrongful termination for discrimination

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Mediationccb

What is the name of your state? GA

I was a route drive for a large bread manufacturer and I passed the first physical when they took the next one two years later the told me I was fired since I was legally blind in one eye. Well I have been legally blind in that eye since I was 10 years old. The route drivers don't have to have a CDL license because of the weight of the truck.

I have mediation with the EEOC on July 18th with my former Company. Should I have an attorney with me and how do I know how much to settle for.

Beth3

Mediation means nothing more than seeing if the two parties can come to some sort of agreement, in which case the EEOC can dismiss the claim. It does not mean that your employer violated any laws or that they will be willing to offer you anything to settle your claim.

You would at least be well advised to consult with an attorney before attending the mediation.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">