• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Wrongful Termination/Discrimination

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

vienchius@yahoo

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
California
My employer filed to remove my case from state to federal court. My concern is that Federal court has a cap of 50K for punitive damage and it would slow things down. Is it a legit concern?

applecruncher

After someone answers your question, I suggest you delete your post. Never a good idea to post using your email addy. You'll be bombarded with spam and emails from nutballs.

Yes, I would not want the case removed to federal court ... you can object to the removal.

Who are you suing & where are they located (if outside your state & you are asking for >50K then the removal may be proper or if the cause of action relates to federal law).

But there are advantages for a plaintiff in respect to discovery .. federal rules are very lax compared to some states.

But the problem is that it takes a long time for courts to rules .. compared to state courts.

Employment issues are generally the venue of state courts so you may have a good reason to get the removal denied.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">