• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

wrongful termination & discrimination

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

R

rlake26

Wyoming

I have worked at my job for a little over 1 1/2 years, never had any discipline problems and got promoted into management. A few months ago, I told the owner of the business that I work for about some illegal doings by the manager above me, he brought the problem to her attention, but also showed her the letter that I wrote to him. Ever since then she has made my life a living hell. She basically demoted me and gave my job to someone else, cut my hours and then just wrote me up for ridiculous things. One of the write-ups was for leaving when I was scheduled to leave, also another employee did the same thing only didnt tell anyone he was leaving and did not even get a slap on the hand. I refused to sign the write-ups because I didnt feel that I was in the wrong. She then told me that I would be terminated.

Also one of the other employees that she hired a few month ago got hired on at a higher rate of pay than me, and he was in a lower position than me. When I asked about it I was told that I could get that same rate of pay but I would no longer get my bonuses. But when I first started, in the same position he did I got $1.50 less per hour then him and never even had any bonuses offered to me. Do I have any legal recourse in this matter? I am a female and he was a male-I feel like I have been discriminated against!!!!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">