• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Wrongful termination or other

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Bossman49

What is the name of your state? Kansas

My wife recently moved to a new section of the bank where she is employed. At first there was initial pushback that seemed at the time questionable. Later it was revealed that the supervisors were saving that position for someone on medical leave and did not want my wife there. Once confronted with this the supervisor reluctantly backed down, but still gave my wife low evaluation scores. (her previous department had her at 4.5 out of 5, she scored a 2 in this department. When she submitted a response to her evaluation the harassment intensified. She is now harassed by piling up work and must assume other employee's duties all while receiving low evaluation grades on her performance sheets. It hit the fan when my wife told her boss that she has been logging any mistakes that (my wife made ) in her journal. The supervisor then, without permission took the folder from my wife and made copies of it. She believes this is a concentrated effort to fire her. My wife is reluctant to believe that it has to do with her ethnicity, but she cannot be sure because at the very same time as the evaluation results she was asked to translate for a customer. This did not sit well with her supervisor. Your thoughts?

Beth3

If the supervisor is not thrilled about your wife working in the department simply because the supervisor prefers the employee who was on leave and your wife was "thrust" upon her by HR or management, there's nothing illegal about that. Your wife being asked to translate for a customer because she is multi-lingual is not evidence of race or national origin discrimination.

If your wife feels she is being treated unfairly by her supervisor, she should discuss that with her HR rep and/or her boss's boss.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">