• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Wrongful Termination + Privacy Policy

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

factoryparadise

I am from Ohio.

Recently I was fired from work from a major retailer because of "sales performance" and the manager said that he thought "I didnt do anything to benefit the company except coming to work to pick up a paycheck." Which are basically his exact words.

This manager has expressed to other people that he does not like me, which I know was the reason I was let go. I didn't have the worst sales performance in our store, or even close to being the worst in the district. Now, the District Manager is the one who can actually fire me, but he had the same opinion about me because the manager would bad mouth me constantly to him, and on top of that he didn't like me because I stepped down from manager because I didn't enjoy the fact I had to work 54 hours a week making 9.50 an hour, driving 1 hour to get to work (The previous DM had been very misleading when I took the position, or else I wouldnt of taken the promotion).

The manager constantly singled me out over other associates. Blamed his lack of a gain for the month in November on me. Treated me way different than other associates (which I have people willing to back up me on this one).

I was wondering if I have a wrongful termination case on that...

But on top of that. The manager has been telling people that don't even work for the company that he fired me. Bad mouthing me to people that have came in that knew me. I would have to think that is against some kind of privacy policy.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">