• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Wrongful Termination/Retaliation for Whistleblowing

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Shell5

I'm a RN for 8 yrs and have worked for the same employer for 4. I was terminated for 1 thing, but I believe it was because I was reporting the nursing home and making legitimate complaints to my bosses about issues directly effecting patient care. All my evaluations have been excellent. called off sick 2x in 4 yrs. Recent excellent eval. by my Administrator. I believe when I started making more complaints about short staffing and poor quality care that is when I was terminated. We have had 8 deaths at the nsg. home in 1 month. I did turn in complaints to the state regulatory board as well, DADS unit, but they never did anything about it. I did see an attorney and they said It seems as though I have a good case. she referred me to an employment attn. I don't have a lot of money and was told it could be costly to go to trial. I am debating on what to do. I am going Monday am to speak w/another attn. Wondering what some of you oldtimers think of the case and if it would be worth the work.
I have already applied for other nursing jobs and am confident about getting another job quickly, so it's not about the job. It is more the principle of why I was fired.

weenor

Have your attorney check into both state and federal whistleblower laws....at will is the norm...unless the law is violated by your termination. It is entirely possible you have a case (and they should be taking it contigency btw) if you can prove that the reason offered for your termination was a lie just to get rid of you for the reports.

roscoe706

You won't get many replies here because it sounds like you might have a case depending on the local law. Most of the posts that get attention here are from catty HR types who want to make smart a$$ comments.

Stick with your Attnys.

mlane58

roscoe706 said:
You won't get many replies here because it sounds like you might have a case depending on the local law. Most of the posts that get attention here are from catty HR types who want to make smart a$$ comments.

Stick with your Attnys.
Blah, Blah, Blah, Blah, Blah, Blah, Blah, Blah, Blah, Blah, Blah, Blah. Go back to sleep little roscoe, then you can get up to be bottle fed.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">