• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Wrongful Termination By Union Employer

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

krhagerman

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Washington.

I was terminated by a union employer. Employer says lack of code knowledge and not following supervisors instruction's. Was told by job immediate supervisor that manager would call me with job for monday. I did not call in due to that. Job supervisor told manager he would have me call in. Manager fired me on Monday. Union looked in personel file and found no documented warnings or dicipline warnings/action. Union says they did not have good cause. Employer still will not reverse termination.

Last edited:

justalayman

this is a union issue and must be dealt with within the union contract.

so, what trade are you and what union is concerned? I would guess either electrical or plumbing.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
This is not a wrongful termination as defined by law. We have no way of knowing if it violates your CBA, but it does not violate the law.

Therefore, your only recourse is through the union.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">