• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Wrongful Termination, what righst do I have?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

dgordon2009

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Louisiana

I worked for this company back in 2009 but was terminated from going against the company's policy at time. However, I was rehired for the same company in April 2014, just in a different state, but by the same supervisors who knew my previous work ethics and the reason I was fired. They was in dying need of hiring employees, because they wanted to get the company back up and running in my city. They lead me to believe that they was going to give me a higher up position then the one that they hired me for, but instead they used me and had me to perform the higherup position (supervisor) work w/out pay. Now, when I got the company to a certain point of stability, they started looking for reasons to let me go which wasn't any valid reasons. So, they search and search and then they decided to let me go because I previously worked for them and I was terminated which is against there company's policy to rehire a previous employee, but shouldn't you have known this when screening my background? Do the employer have rights to do this? The supervisors that hired me knew that I was previously fired and also they still have all of my documentations in their records. Also, they trying to say that I didn't tell them the full truth on my application and that I should've put that I was fire when I did say that I worked for them on there. What rights do I have, if I have any? Help me! I have a family.

Eekamouse

Did you put that you had been fired from there previously on your application? You are required to put factual information on your application and if you omitted that you were fired from the company previously, they have every right to fire you for lying on your application.

Last edited:

davew128

Did you put that you had been fired from there previously on your application? You are required to put factual information on your application and if you omitted that you were fired from the company previously, they have every right to fire you for lying on your application.
Everything you said is true, none of it matters. The employer doesn't need a reason.

OP, there was nothing illegal about your termination the first OR second time.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Not even close to a wrongful term as defined by law. Unfair, possibly. Illegal, no.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">