• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

wrongful termnination

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

popeyedb

What is the name of your state? TN I worked a goodyear tire and rubber for 12 yrs on aug 19 2003 I had an accident and was caught in a conveyor it burned the skin off my left arm fromthe elbow to the armpit and tore my shoulder. I was subjected to a post accident drug and alachol screen which they accused me of a positive test for marijuana I DO NOT USE DRUGS! I did not get to see a Dr for 6 hrs. I went and paid for my own drug test a hair test which said I was clean for at least 90 days back which more than covered the time of my accident. Since then i had 12 drug tests which I passed all except one they said was abnormal they said they did not know why but its abnormal. I was harassed by the HR man who said I tampered with my drug test he said it did not appear to be human urine I gave he even got right in my face and screamed at me. I went to the company EEOC and said he was harassing me. The EEOC said its ok and theres nothing I can do about it. I called the national harassment hotline and they turned it over to goodyear and they sent me a letter saying the HR man could not have harassed me he is not even in this plant. They transfered him just weeks before I received this letter. I was under a Dr's care for depression from work and was taking lexapro and ambien one of these medications gave me direaha I was taken to first aid to take another drug test I had direaha and had a very hard time they said I could not use the bathroom until I gave a sample. The results of this test said insufficent sample volume and I was fired. When I filed an appeal for unemployment the man from goodyear said I was fired because I refused to drink water to help me pee. I am waiting on an arbitration but do not know when. My union does nothing to help me and don't tell me anything. Do I have a chance at getting my job back and can I file a harassment or discrimination claim because they did not do this to anyone else. Can I bring up charges against my union for lack of represintion?

BelizeBreeze

popeyedb said:
What is the name of your state? TN I worked a goodyear tire and rubber for 12 yrs on aug 19 2003 I had an accident and was caught in a conveyor it burned the skin off my left arm fromthe elbow to the armpit and tore my shoulder. I was subjected to a post accident drug and alachol screen which they accused me of a positive test for marijuana I DO NOT USE DRUGS! I did not get to see a Dr for 6 hrs. I went and paid for my own drug test a hair test which said I was clean for at least 90 days back which more than covered the time of my accident. Since then i had 12 drug tests which I passed all except one they said was abnormal they said they did not know why but its abnormal. I was harassed by the HR man who said I tampered with my drug test he said it did not appear to be human urine I gave he even got right in my face and screamed at me. I went to the company EEOC and said he was harassing me. The EEOC said its ok and theres nothing I can do about it. I called the national harassment hotline and they turned it over to goodyear and they sent me a letter saying the HR man could not have harassed me he is not even in this plant. They transfered him just weeks before I received this letter. I was under a Dr's care for depression from work and was taking lexapro and ambien one of these medications gave me direaha I was taken to first aid to take another drug test I had direaha and had a very hard time they said I could not use the bathroom until I gave a sample. The results of this test said insufficent sample volume and I was fired. When I filed an appeal for unemployment the man from goodyear said I was fired because I refused to drink water to help me pee. I am waiting on an arbitration but do not know when. My union does nothing to help me and don't tell me anything. Do I have a chance at getting my job back and can I file a harassment or discrimination claim because they did not do this to anyone else. Can I bring up charges against my union for lack of represintion?
so far the EEOC, your union and the National Harrassment Hotline have all told you you have no case.

So, take your meds and come back to reality. You have no case.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
This does not meet the definition of a wrongful termination. Not by a long shot.

P

popeyedb

BelizeBreeze said:
so far the EEOC, your union and the National Harrassment Hotline have all told you you have no case.

So, take your meds and come back to reality. You have no case.
my state is TN What do you know I never said my union said i don't have a case or have i spoken to an attorney and the EEOC man I talked to was a HR man from goodyear.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">