• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Wrongfull firing

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

Jacob Houser

Washington state

I worked in an IMR facillity serving developmentally dissabled adults for six years prior to this week. I exposed the house manager for embezeling from the employee wages pool by claiming fake shifts for herself and her daughter. Even though I proved this complaint soundly, I was fired in retaliation, so were every other emloyee who worked in the home during the twelve hours in question on the first day that I had initially proven.
This supervisor was not repremanded. Instead a new progam was put in place to prevent employees from knowing what hours their co-workers are claiming. This way it can never be exposed again. This was not the reaction I expected at all from the agencies chief administrator, leading me believe this problem may be pandemic through the entire agency. This administrator has threatened me with a slander law-suite if I repeat any of this. Can he sue me now?
This intentional short staffing has been resulting in a dramatically lowered quality of care for these extremely vulnerable people. I am in contact with a DSHS investigator, but I assume this is a low priority case, since our state social services agencies are rated among the lowest quallity in the nation. physical abuse is usually highest priorty.
These moneys are paid by the state government. Is there another agency that would investigate for the missapropriation of tax dollars? This is potentially many thousands dollars.
Can these two co-workers and I sue for wrongfull firing? I have both administrators on tape admitting the real reason for my firing. I told them I was taping them. Is that enough consent for these tapes to be admissable? They don't think so. I also have other evidence in the form of photocopies and written statements. Are potocopies evidence?

L

loku

A whistleblower is an employee who reports to the government any violation (or suspicion of violation, with good cause) of state or federal laws by the employer. An employer may not fire an employee for reporting violations, or for participating in any investigation or hearing involving violations in the workplace. You are probably considered a “whistleblower” and so your firing was unlawful.

I can’t say what evidence would be admissible or not. Just that if you could prove the facts, you would have a good case.

J

Jacob Houser

I am attempting to find legal council. I tried the attorney pages section of this site, and the king county bar assoc. Any other advise on finding someone to take my case would be helpfull.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">